Thursday, May 29, 2008

Celebration of Life: 5.29.08


I'd estimate around 400 people came to the Garden of the Gods Country Club this afternoon to celebrate Ed's life. There were stories, tears, and laughs from all those who stepped up to the microphone to share their thoughts. Please feel free to add your own thoughts and stories about Ed's life. His grandson Soren is just five years old and will someday come to this site to find out more about his grandfather. Let's load him up so he'll get a good sense of who Ed was to all of us... thanks, pat

2 comments:

Pryncess said...

I just want to say thank you for allowing me to be part of what has been the best remeberance & celebration of life I have ever witnessed. The memories and picture shared were so touching. My name is Christina and I have worked with Ed through the auction for about 7 years, he was and always will be my favorite car dealer. Although he is gone he will never be forgotten. God rest your soul, I miss you:-) Always, Christina

James said...

I met Mr.Murphy through Dale Cecil a friend and car dealer working with Mr.Murphy.The first time I met him was at the car auction down in Fountain.He gave me a firm hand shake after Dale introduced me,smiled and went back to work.I knew from that moment on he was a man that was serious about buying and selling cars.Later I learned what a nice guy he was and even though he was a serious businessman,after all the guys had left the office he would take time to chat and see how things were going.In my opinion an all around nice guy.Though I didn't know Ed long he made an impression on me that I will never forget.Thanks Ed and God Bless. Matthew James